Friday, May 06, 2005

Subconscious Mind

I landed safely in Cleveland yesterday, went to theHouse and took many more pictures. Since I can't get them to upload to the site right now, and I need to prepare for my interview this morning, I'll leave you with something I wrote on the plane yesterday:

I'm always amazed at how powerful the subconscious mind really is. It's like, I don't even realize that it's working?

I'm on my flight from Dallas, yes I connected through Dallas to go to Cleveland but that's a different story, stay with me, and the flight attendant just provided their beverage service. I, as per usual, ordered a diet pepsi, which they serve in the can, warm, with a thimble sized cup full of ice to pour it in. As I took the first sip, I noticed how unusually horrible my soda tasted. It wasn't flat, and it wasn't that it wasn't diet coke for all you diet coke lovers out there, it just tasted really bad. I took a sip straight from the can, which brings another whole set of issues that we really don't need to discuss right now, to see if maybe the can had gone bad somehow, but the soda tasted fine from the can.

I was truly puzzled until I remembered something Brian was telling me just two days ago. He had to tell me about an article he read about how terribly nasty airplane water is and that it should never be drank. In fact, as Brian told us, not even the ice cubes, which are of course made from this very water, are fit for consumption.

Now, it is hard for me to believe as I sit here, cramped on my two hour flight to Cleveland, that just from hearing about Brian's story and without thinking about it before drinking, mind you, that the ice in my cup would make my soda (do I need to start getting used to saying pop again?) taste like crap. I can not, however, think of another reason for it. Can you?

No comments: