Wednesday, July 09, 2003

'Nother Joke-Idiots Abound

IDIOTS AT WORK:
I was signing the receipt for my credit card purchase when the

clerk noticed I had never signed my name on the back of the
credit card. She informed me that she could not complete the transaction
unless the card was signed. When I asked why, she explained that it was
necessary to compare the signature I had just signed on the receipt. So
I signed the credit card in front of her. She carefully compared
the signature to the one I had just signed on the receipt. As luck
would have it, they matched.

IDIOTS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD:

I live in a semi-rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the
local township administrative office to request the removal of the Deer
Crossing sign on our road. The reason: too many deer were being hit by
Cars and he didn't want them to cross there anymore.

IDIOT SIGHTING #1:
I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee
asked, 'Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?'
To which I replied, 'If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?'

He smiled knowingly and nodded, 'That's why we ask.'

IDIOT SIGHTING #2:
At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker who is leaving
the company due to 'downsizing,' our manager commented cheerfully,
'this is fun!. We should do this more often.' Not a word was spoken.
We all just looked at each other with that deer-in-the-headlights
stare.

IDIOT SIGHTING #3:

When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up
our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the
service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock
the driver's side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I
instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was
unlocked. 'Hey,' I announced to the technician, 'it's open!'
To which he replied, 'I know - I already got that side.'

Filed in:

No comments: