Friday, June 04, 2004

Now You Know

As most of you may know, I'm a transplant Californian. I grew up in Cleveland, Ohio. Ok, I may not have matured there, but physically, I have not grown since leaving so I can truly say that is where I grew up. In Cleveland, when you go to a restaurant and want something to drink, you order a pop. That is not true in many parts of the country however. If I were to walk into a restaurant out here in California, and try that, I would get very strange looks. And what about traveling...what do I order and when you may ask. Click on the map to the right to find out. Let's dig a little deeper though shall we?

soft drink

n. In both senses also called soda pop, also called regionally cold drink, drink, pop1, soda, soda water, tonic.
  1. A nonalcoholic, flavored, carbonated beverage, usually commercially prepared and sold in bottles or cans.
  2. A serving of this beverage.
So, there you have it. Now noone can plead ignorance for ordering the wrong type of drink. So tell me, where are you from, and what do you order?

No comments: