Wednesday, April 05, 2006

It's the new "Angry Letter"

theElderSon and I were having a discussion last night. At the moment I can not remember what it was about, but what we were discussing is not important at the moment. What is important is that a discovery was made by yours truly. A discovery so important that everyone who reads this post should consider themselves lucky that they are among a small percentage of human beings who now have the knowledge that I am about to impart upon you.

Blogging is the new "Angry Letter".

As I stated theElderSon, who's sense of sarcastic humor is getting more and more refined every day, were discussing some sort of "this company did this" event. Our conversation went something along the lines of this:
tES: Did you hear about {companyX}? They're {insert evil action}.
Me: Really? that's really bad, they shouldn't be able to do something like that.
tES: Yeah, but it's not like anyone can do anything about it.
Me: Wanna bet?
tES: {sarcastically} Yeah, we can write an angry letter.
Me: Nope, we can blog about it.
tES: Blinks, eyes open wide in mock fear and shock.
So just remember, having a blog is having the ability to write an agry letter that will actually be read. Sure maybe not by companyX, but at least people will comment and you'll feel better about yourself for having bashed companyX. That reminds me, I've got some angry letters posts to write to about Vonage and Dell. Consider them on notice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish that the blog would replace the angry letter. Jen, my fiance, has been on a letter writing binge since moving to Cleveland, including one to Geauga County because they don't use salt on snowy roads. I find the angry letter embarassing because it doesn't do anything, but the blog can be entertaining, if not funny.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if companies actually benefit from this in some strange way because of how things spread on the internet.

If even bad publicity is good publicity, then firing up the blogosphere must be gold!

Not that this is always true... but I do wonder...

Anonymous said...

This is true. I learn about new products, and TV shows I'd have never known about if I didn't read blogs! And you get personal experiences. Bloggers unite!