Thursday, May 20, 2004

Relay For Life Part II

It truly astounds me how many people have been affected by cancer. I bet that you would be hard pressed to find anyone who has not had or known someone who has fought cancer. Because of that, I was expecting a good turn out at the Relay for Life. I wasn't expecting it to be as packed as it was though.

If you haven't heard of Relay For Life, or you don't know what they do, they collect donations for cancer research. Everyone who wants to participate can do so simply by going and walking. You can be sponsered by your friends and family and donate that money to Relay For Life. They also had a lot of vendors who were selling their products and donating a portion of their proceeds to the research.

What I didn't know is that the event goes all night long. There were many groups out there who had their tents and/or sleeping bags all set up and were ready to spend the night out there. I think we'll do that next year. I did manage to snap off a few pictures and posted them here.

Filed in:

No comments: