Friday, January 02, 2004

Bring on the New Year

Wow, look at that, it's 2004. Another new year has started, and with it another resolution to stop smoking. I know many of you didn't even know I had started again, but Me and Marcy both slipped with all the parties of the holiday season. So we set our date of January 1st, again, dusted off the nicotrol inhalers, and are getting ready for the ride that is quitting smoking. Maybe it won't be that bad since it had been almost four months of not smoking before we slipped, but then again...this is the most addictive drug known to man we are talking about.

We're already on day two, but then again, yesterday was spent in jammies all day long, falling asleep on the couch, pretending to watch TV, so you could call this day one. The very thought of a cigarette made me sick to my stomach. I smoked enough of them New Year's Eve to last me a lifetime, though. I also drank enough Captain and Cokes to last me the rest of the year, but that's a whole different topic. We did hold our annual tradition of greeting New Year's Day with a slur, I mean in a blur, ok, I guess both of them apply. Fun was definately had by all and an ungodly amount of alcohol was consumed, but most importantly, all were there to enjoy pancakes made for us by my Mother-In-Law on New Year's Day. Here's hoping that the new year will see us and all of our friends as safe and as sound as New Year's Day did, maybe with a little less of a hangover, though.

Filed in:

No comments: