Saturday, January 03, 2004

It's Saturday, why can't I sleep in?

It's 5:00 AM on Saturday, so why the hell am I awake? I'll tell you why, as soon as I finish skinning my cat. I'm kidding, you see I can't blame her even if I wanted to. We have an alarm clock that has two alarms on it, one always being set at 5 AM for me to get ready for work. Last night, while setting the second alarm so we could get up and head out to the snow, I accidentally set my own alarm as well. That should not have been a problem, though, turn it off and get back to sleep right? Not with Nala around. Once the alarm goes off, Nala knows that I need to get up, so what does she do to ensure that I will get up? She scratches our bed. And if I just let her out our bedroom door and go back to sleep? The couch gets it. She knows that will bring me downstairs in a heartbeat. I haven't yet figured out, though, whether she's being selfish because she wants something, food, bathroom outside, or if the cat truely knows that I have to get up and going at that time. If I ever figure it out, I'll let you know.

Filed in:

No comments: