Monday, January 20, 2003

Mama always told me nobody likes a quitter

I got to tell ya, having quite smoking a few times before, I thought quitting again would be easy. This is the toughest time yet. Me and Marcy (my wife) both quit in 98 for the year, 2000, 2001, and 2002 for 6 months each time. Every year we have slipped and gave up trying. It's different this year. Maybe that's why it's so gut-wrenching this time around. I swear, on the days that I don't have a cigarette, and choose not to injest any nicotine via the gum, I feel like peeling the flesh off of my face. Yes, It is that bad!!! Trying not to snack on everything I find only makes it worse. I lost 60 pounds though last year with following along with my wife's Weight Watcher's program, and I do not plan on putting it back on.

Filed in:

No comments: