Thursday, September 18, 2003

Hopefully Houston

Since being stationed at Camp Pendleton by the Marines in 1994 and meeting my wife here in 1996, I have been a California Castaway. In the past few years however, it has dawned on both me and my wife that life here in good ole Cali is much too expensive to live. We tried in '99 to move back to my home town, Cleveland, OH, but it wasn't to be.

Presently, an opportunity has presented itself, and we are jumping at it with both feet. The company I work for has a parent company, which happens to be located in Houston. I've been there a couple of times, and while the traffic might not be a whole lot better there than it is here, the brief visits I had were enjoyable. Why am I telling you this? Because there's an opening in the corporate office that I feel I'm perfectly matched for. I have applied for the spot, and with a little bit of luck, I'll be bringing you this blog from Houston.

Now, Marcy and I have been looking at real estate pricing and such online, from what we have seen, houses in the area are relatively cheap. Here's my question for anyone who might be from Houston, what might I expect to pay to move my family into a good neighborhood around some nice schools? What should we look out for? Please leave comments for us if you have any suggestions.

Filed in:

No comments: