Thursday, September 11, 2003

It all makes sense now

I get it now. I understand why as a child, I was not supposed to eat the cereal out of the box. It makes sense, now. As I opened the cupboard this morning, I had an epiphany. My parents wanted some too.

I had forgotten all about the Cookie Crisp that we had bought for the kids this weekend until I went for my usual, Honey Nut Cheerios, this morning and saw the box. Instantly, my mouth started to water as I remembered just how good Cookie Crisp is. I imagined pouring myself a bowl and partaking in a little sugary sweetness. It was when I picked up the box that my daydream came to a screaching halt, the box was empty. I know that there is no possible way in the last three days that a whole box of Cookie Crisp could have been eaten in the normal way, which led me to only one conclusion. The children have been eating them out of the box (insert eerie music here).

To this, I just want to say: Mom, Dad...I'm sorry for hogging all the good cereal.

No comments: