Tuesday, September 09, 2003

RIP Weezer

On my way home from school last night, I was listening to one of the few local radio stations that I can actually stand listening to, when the DJ announced that the new song from Weezer was up after the break and it "rocked". I rarely listen to commercials, but for this I decided to wait them out. Why? Weezer is one of the few bands on the radio that has always had true originality, and I was eager to find out what they would sound like this year.

I should have changed the station. I would have been better off not knowing.
RIP Weezer
Cause of Death: Sampling

Just like bands that have crossed over before you, e.g. Sugar Ray, you are now completely and totally "mainstream". I can only hope that you sell many records as it would be a shame to sell your souls for anything less than mult-platinum. You will be missed.

Filed in:

No comments: