Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Way Too Much Caffeine

I could not get to sleep last night. It was well after midnight when I finally fell asleep. Why?? Too much caffeine. I was tired and needed the boost to help me out with the homework I had to get done, maybe I should have stopped at one cup. Now, I've always been the sort of coffee drinker that could have a couple cups right before going to bed and not be affected by the caffeine, whatsoever. That was, however, until I quit smoking.

Caffeine affects me again. I've actually had to cut back my intake of coffee quite a bit, because by the third of fourth cup of the day, I start to get very jittery. Never affected me that way when I smoked, whether I was on my fourth cup, or my fourth pot. I'm starting to wonder if the nicotine, which is a stimulant, overpowers the caffeine and makes your system immune, or at the very least dulls your senses to the caffeine. Makes me wonder what other senses I will be regaining, besides smell, of course, and taste. I can't wait to find out. Anyone else quit smoking and had this experience?

Haven't posted these in a few days now (double the money saved to include Marcy):
Stats:

Time Smoke-Free: 16 days, 10 hours, 33 minutes and 59 seconds
Cigarettes NOT smoked: 148
Lifetime Saved: 1 day, 3 hours
Money Saved: $25.63

Filed in:

No comments: