Friday, November 11, 2005

Kovu's Law

theDog has dingo earsI've always thought that I would someday like to write a book. It seems easy enough, but I have never been able to think of a story for this eventual book. I have just realized though that a story is not what I need. I have all the material I need right around me. theDog. The book will be about the things in life in which we humans need to know before taking ownership of a puppy. Things like this:
Kovu's Law #27
When the Cats knock items like pencils off the counter that the Kids will later be blamed for leaving laying around, the puppy will be the first to find that item. And he or she will eat it.
The other morning, the first thing I took away from theDog was a pencil. Of course, I immediately blamed on of the children, chastising that child for not keeping their stuff in order and leaving a pencil on the ground where theDog could get it. That same night theWife and I discovered who the real culprits were.

Noises came from downstairs while theWife and I were laying in bed. First came the subtle sounds of the cats jumping up onto the counters, which immediately gets our attention. Next came some shuffling of something unidentified accross the counter and finally the unmistakeable sound of a pencil hitting the floor. Looks like I owe one of the kids an apology, I just have to remember which one.

I'll leave you with another one of Kovu's laws:
Kovu's Law #4
If one of the animals, including the puppy, happen to get sick in the house, the puppy will be the first one to find it, and he or she will eat it.
Daily Links:
If you are going to file a frivolous law suit for something embarassing, make sure you don't try it twice. Some idiot has
sued two different companies for getting glued to their toilets.
This
eBay item is funny, but not something I would want on my mantle.
Space Mountain is now just a Google Video away, thanks to someone with a good memory and RollerCoaser Tycoon 3.
Finally, a new product for cleaning the shower that will actually work.
The Shower-Shower.

Filed in:

No comments: