Friday, August 27, 2004

Friday Update

A quick update for you, my friends, on this day. A day I can look forward to endless number crunching, yet again. But there's light at the end of this tunnel that I call today. The budget will be completed by the end of this day, and the people will rejoice. Well, at least for the next two weeks, until corporate comes out to review (scrutinize) our budget.

GMail: It appears as though they didn't just give me one invite this time...I now have 5 more to give away. Let me know if you want one by writing an essay, not to exceed 10,000 words, on your need for a GMail account. Or you could just say, Hey....give me one.

Fantasy Football: I still need more teams. What are you waiting for. It's fun and free. Where else can you have fun for free. Sign up today and I'll set up the draft to auto-pick this weekend. Go to the game front page, click the "Sign Up Now" or "Get Another Team" button and follow the links to "Join a Custom League". When prompted, enter the League ID# (367921) and password (bmg).

School: Next week my kids start school again, and so do I. I've got three classes on my schedule this semester, which should keep me busy, one of them is completely on-line at least.

Smoking: Still not doing it. It's officially been 27 days, 5 hours, 36 minutes and 17 seconds since Marcy or I have had one. It's been over a month since we've bought a pack. Days like I've had this week make me wish I still did smoke at times. Not becuase I crave the cigarette, I haven't craved it for two weeks now, but because it gave me an excuse to take a break. I had to. Now, at least this week, I crunch numbers into this budget that we're preparing all day long, without even realizing what time it is.

Tomorrow: We're taking Michael (and the whole family) rafting for his birthday, which is next week. I'd love to get some pictures of the even and post them up for all to see, but I think I'll be leaving the camera behind for this one. Without this, I don't feel like taking the chance of dropping it in the river. Maybe I'll pick up a disposable one, you know one of those things with that stuff they called film, to record the event.

Well, I think that's it. Have a nice Friday and a great weekend.

No comments: