Thursday, August 19, 2004

Bored Games

Do you think board games got named that way because they are games that are played on a board, or games played while people are bored?

Lately, Marcy and I have had a lot of extra time on our hands. Since it has been almost a month, the desire and need for a cigarette is no longer there, but a need to fill our time is. On Saturday we rediscovered our fondness of board games, so Marcy went out yesterday to pick up a few more for us all to play. She got The Game of Life and Tri-Ominoes, two classics that I've never played, before last night that is. Now I've played them both.

If anybody is interested, here's how the night panned out. With the boys at their dad's house, Marcy, Breanna and I started with a game of tri-ominoes, which Breanna won. Then we played The Game of Life, which Breanna won. Then we took a break to eat some dinner. After dinner we played another game of Life, this time adding Mary Jane, which Breanna won. Finally we finished with a game of tri-ominoes, which we didn't let Breanna play. Yes I'm serious. Ok, if she wanted to play, we probably would have let her, but the ego can only take being beaten by a 6 year old so many times. I don't know how many that is, but 3 times in a row is way beyond that threshold. I just hope for her sake, that she does as well in life as she did in the game version.

Filed in:

No comments: