Monday, August 02, 2004

Another Party

On Saturday, with Marcy working, the kids and I had another party to go to. I know, we're party animals...but it's not a lifestyle by choice. This one was a barbecue in the park for the boys' Mema's (that would be a Grandma for those who don't know) birthday party. Now, I don't know how anyone ever gets to an event on time with kids in tow, no matter what age, but I can never seem to do so. Something always makes me late.

Both Marcy and I have been busy as of late, so Marcy asked me if I could go by the store and pick up a bag for the gift to go in on my way to the party. Little did I know this would be a problem for me. First of all, the party started at 2:30, so wanting to give us enough time to get there, we left at five minutes to 2. On our way in, however, we hit traffic and did not even get off the highway until 2:45 (should take 15 minutes). Then, the fun continued at the store.

After finally finding everything I needed to get I had to wait for ten minutes in a line because the check-out lady was talking to the people who were checking out in front of me. Sure, she was wrapping some of their items in tissue paper, but she could not have been moving any slower. Finally she finshed with them, and wrung up my items and we got out of there. I was about to leave for the park, but I thought I should get the present in the bag before we left.

I'm so glad I decided to do that because the bag that we got, the biggest bag in the store, was not big enough for the gift to fit in. Back inside the store to make sure that there wasn't any bigger bags, and there wasn't. I decided that I would have to wrap it so I bought some wrapping paper and tape. Check out, again, and head to the car to wrap our gift. If anyone could see me having a problem doing so with the items I have, please raise your hand and speak up, because it wasn't until I had the gift on the paper, trying to wrap it, that I realized I did not have any scissors to cut the wrapping paper with. I ended up having to literally rip the wrapping paper to wrap this gift, so it probably looked like my kids did it, but we finally were on our way and made it to the party...only an hour late.

On a positive note, though, Marcy and I are back on track with our bid to quit smoking, so things could have been worse.

Time Smoke-Free: 2 days, 6 hours, 8 minutes and 6 seconds
Cigarettes NOT smoked: 23
Lifetime Saved: 4 hours
Money Saved: $5.29

No comments: