Tuesday, August 17, 2004

A Good Idea?

Or are these people the new ambulance chasers? Gmail Trademark in Dispute

It appears as though the day Google made their Beta Test of GMail, which I use and love, public, four smaller companies hurried to file patents for the GMail trademark. Will Google have to pay them to be able to use their own brand? Only time will tell, but it sure seems like a bunch of ambulance chasing to me.

Maybe I will start a service in which I will file trademarks before big companies can when they make a product or come out with a service. Then I'll sell the rights, for a "nominal" fee, to a company who can, in turn, get huge bucks from the originating companies, so they may be able to market and sell said product or service. I'll call it stealatrademark.com. Oops, maybe I shouldn't have posted that. Ok, if I can direct you over here to sign this non-disclosure agreement....

No comments: