Tuesday, August 10, 2004

New Music

Last week, Wamajama begged the question, do we like to listen to new music, or are we satisfied listening to what we grew up with. When I was growing up, it always seemed like the adults I knew listened to their music, and my friends and I listened to our music. I always figured that there would be a day when new music either didn't make sense to me, or I would simply not like new music anymore and settle down with the music of "my day". In two months I am going to enter the 3rd decade of my life, and I haven't hit that point yet. In fact, I listen to some of the same music that my 12-year old listens to. What can I say, the boy has taste.

I find it hard to not listen for new music, when bands like Breaking Benjamin are out there that produce a cd like Saturate, that is so good, it was instantly one of my all time favorites, start to finish, a couple of years ago. Now usually when a band has a instant hit with their first cd, ahem, 3rd Eye Blind, their second work is usually nowhere close to as good. I just heard Breaking Benjamin's follow up, We Are Not Alone, and amazingly, it may just be better than the first.

So tell me, what do you listen to? Are you listening to what you "grew up" with, or do you still have your ear to the floor listening for new stuff?

Oh and by the way, just in case you were worried that I may have slipped this past weekend, My Stats:

Time Smoke-Free: 10 days, 6 hours, 1 minute and 4 seconds
Cigarettes NOT smoked: 103
Lifetime Saved: 18 hours
Money Saved: $19.41
Filed in:

No comments: