Monday, August 09, 2004

You've Got GMail

For the past month or so, I've had a GMail account. What is Gmail? GMail is google's attempt at making email better and easier. GMail is free, like Yahoo! or Hotmail, but unlike Yahoo! or Hotmail you get 1 GB of storage space and can send and receive attachments up to 10 MBs. Sound pretty cool? It is. It's the best web based email account I have ever had, and as Marcy will be able to tell you, I've had my share. Where can you get yours? That's a little bit trickier. Google is only releasing so much server space at a time, as to not bog down their new service with everyone signing up at once. So what they do is let their current users invite people they know, one or two at a time.

Why am I bringing this up if you can't freely sign up for an account? I ust received an invite to give away. If you would like to try GMail out for yourself, leave me a comment, or shoot me an e-mail and let me know. If I get a lot of requests I'll either think of some kind of contest, or I'll just give it to whoever I like best.

No comments: