Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Strange Positions

For all those that don't know, we have 3 pets, 2 cats and a bunny. As I've stated here before, one of our cats is, well, let's just say she plays cards, she just doesn't play with a full deck. She likes to get herself into strange positions. Positions that she can not get out of by herself. I have found her on top of cupboards in the kitchen, stuck by the water heater in the garage, stuck on top of the storage cabinets in the garage, even stuck on top of the garage door when it was open. Yesterday morning took the cake, though. This time she left evidence.

As I left my bedroom, heading downstairs, yesterday morning, I heard a strange clicking noise in the darkness. Once my eyes focused, I realised what the sound was. Jezebel, that's the cat's name, was hanging from the bannister at the top of the stairs. I don't quite know how long she had been there, but she was lucky I came along when I did, else she would have been testing the theory that cats always land on their feet. She's just lucky I'm not mean enough to go grab my camera first.

Filed in:

No comments: