Monday, July 26, 2004

Too Much?

What is too much? Should the rules of Moderation be applied to starting a healthier lifestyle? As anyone who has read any of my posts this weekend knows, I have quit smoking. Along with that, I also started an exercise routine yesterday. I'm starting with 10 minutes on the Gazelle per morning, and I'll work my way up from there. I am also decreasing my caffeine intake by lowering my coffee consumption to two cups per day (for now, eventually one) and lowering my soda consumption to one soda per day. Is it bad to try to do all of this at once?

Should I spread these things out and try to do one healthy thing for myself per week? Maybe, but I guess I got tired of feeling out of shape and unhealthy, physically, all at once. So why not start living healthy, in every way I can all at once. I still have the details of my diet to work out. Not that I'm going on a diet, but I do need to cut back on two things. My portions at dinner and snacking when I'm at home. Once that's done, things should be good.

I apologize if all this sounds like incoherent rambling, but I am in the clasp of a nicotene fit and free writing, so there you go. Oh great, now I sound like the father from MBFGW. I'll shut up now.

Current Stats:
Smoke-Free:2 days, 7 hours, 12 minutes and 41 seconds
Cigarettes NOT smoked: 23
Lifetime Saved: 4 hours

Money Saved: $5.29

No comments: